PGY1 Managed Care North Sacramento, California
The Kaiser Permanente North Sacramento Valley Service Area is located in Northern California. It services approximately 230,000 members in Sacramento. There are six medical office buildings throughout the North Sacramento Valley Service Area, providing a full range of ambulatory care services, including outpatient surgery. In addition to the medical office buildings, there is one hospital with 287 licensed beds.
The North Sacramento Valley Area pharmacists and supportive personnel practice in inpatient, outpatient, home infusion, ambulatory care, education, drug use management, and administration settings. Inpatient and outpatient pharmaceutical care services are provided 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Members of the pharmacy staff precept residents and pharmacy students. Managed Care Pharmacy residents function as a participating member of the management team during the academic year.
- Ambulatory Care I
- Ambulatory Care II
- Drug Use Management
- Drug Information
- Transitional Care Pharmacy
Requirements for Acceptance
- Graduate of an Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE)-accredited (or ACPE candidate status) school of pharmacy.
- Must be licensed as an Intern Pharmacist in the state of California by the first day of residency program
- Residents who have not obtained a California Pharmacist license by October 1st are subject to suspension until license is obtained. If license is not obtained by December 15th, employment will be subject to termination.
- Candidates must be registered in the National Matching Services, Inc. (NMS).
- Candidates must participate in the ASHP Matching Program.
- Program NMS Code: 196014 and ASHP Program Code: 92703
- Statement of Interest/Letter of Intent
- Curriculum Vitae
- Official Pharmacy School transcripts, sent directly from the applicant’s college or school of pharmacy
- Three letters of references/recommendations utilizing the form in PhORCAS is required for all reference writers.
- Application Deadline: January 6, 2024
- Onsite and/or virtual interview required
- Site tours by appointment only
- Click here to link to the Virtual Information Sessions:
- October 19th – 10a.m. – 11a.m. PST
**This residency agrees that no person at this residency will solicit, accept, or use any ranking-related information from any residency applicant**Back to all programs
Apply Through ASHP
Apply using the ASHP standard application process on the ASHP PhORCAS website.Apply now
Current Pay Rate
$25.80 per hour