PGY1 Pharmacy Antelope Valley, California
The PGY1 Residency Program at Kaiser Permanente, Antelope Valley Medical Center Area follows guidelines set by the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists (ASHP) and provides various integrated healthcare trainings in many specialties.
Purpose: PGY1 Residency programs build on Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD) education and outcomes to contribute to the development of clinical pharmacists responsible for medication related care of patients with a wide range of conditions, eligible for board certification, and eligible for postgraduate year two (PGY2) pharmacy residency training.
The Antelope Valley Area pharmacists and supportive personnel practice in outpatient, home infusion, ambulatory care, education, and administration settings. Ambulatory and outpatient pharmaceutical care services are provided daily, seven days a week. We dispense prescriptions both directly in our facility pharmacies and with automated assistance from our Central Prescription Pharmacy. Our Pharmacy Information Management System provides the pharmacists with access to any prescription in the Kaiser Permanente Pharmacy, as well as valuable clinical checking for drug interactions and other potential medication problems.
- Drug Use Management
- Home Infusion
- Outpatient Pharmacy
- Population Care Management
- Transition of Care
*Orientation rotation has a duration of 3 weeks
- Advanced Care
- Drug Information*
- Pain Management
*Drug Information rotation is based on lottery entry and has a duration of 3 weeks.
- Medication Management
- Practice Management
- Residency Project – Western States
Requirements for Acceptance
- Graduate of an Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE)-accredited (or ACPE candidate status) school of pharmacy.
- Must be licensed as an Intern Pharmacist in the state of CA by the first day of residency program.
- Residents who have not obtained a California Pharmacist license by October 1st are subject to suspension until license is obtained. If license is not obtained by December 15th, employment will be subject to termination.
- Certifications (If applicable): BLS, ACLS
- Candidates must be registered in the National Matching Services, Inc. (NMS).
- Candidates must participate in the ASHP Matching Program.
- Program NMS Code: 239913 and ASHP Program Code: 92132
- Statement of Interest/Letter of Intent
- Curriculum Vitae
- Official Pharmacy School transcripts, sent directly from the applicant’s college or school of pharmacy
- Three letters of references/recommendations utilizing the form in PhORCAS
- Application Deadline: January 8, 2022
- Interview Dates: To Be Determined
- Open House Dates: To Be Determined
Apply Through ASHP
Apply using the ASHP standard application process on the ASHP PhORCAS website.Apply now
Current Pay Rate
$23.38 per hour
Program ResourcesSCAL Benefits In Brief Antelope Valley Pharmacy Residency Program Brochure
Kenneth Hom, Pharm.D.
Clinical Operations Manager
Residency Program Director
Kaiser Permanente – Antelope Valley Medical Center
615 W Avenue L
Lancaster, California 93534