PGY1 Pharmacy Fresno, California
This one-year, ASHP-accredited PGY1 Pharmacy Residency Program will allow the Resident Pharmacist to become familiar with institutional pharmacy practice in an Integrated Healthcare System.
The purpose of the Kaiser Permanente, Fresno PGY1 Pharmacy Residency Program is to build on Doctor of Pharmacy education and outcomes to contribute to the development of clinical pharmacists responsible for medication-related care of patients with a wide range of conditions, eligible for board certification, and eligible for postgraduate year two (PGY2) pharmacy residency training.
The Kaiser Permanente Fresno Medical Center Pharmacists provide direct patient care in a variety of clinical settings, including Acute Care, Adult Family Medicine, Cardiovascular Risk Program/PHASE (Preventing Heart Attacks and Strokes Everyday), Chronic Pain Management, Complex Chronic Conditions, Congestive Heart Failure, Medication Therapy Management, Memory Care, Oncology, and Transitional Care.
Our outpatient pharmacies are supported by a centralized, automated drug refilling pharmacy, a call processing center, and a Pharmacy Information Management System that is fully integrated with Kaiser Permanente’s electronic medical record, allowing our pharmacists to focus on patient counseling, drug therapy management and formulary management.
- Cardiovascular Risk/PHASE (Preventing Heart Attacks and Strokes Everyday)
- Complex Chronic Conditions
- Drug Use Management
- Internal Medicine
- Medication Therapy Management
- Transitional Care
- Adult Family Medicine
- Chronic Pain
- Congestive Heart Failure
- Outpatient Pharmacy
- Regional Pharmacy Continuum
- Drug Information
- Inpatient Pharmacy Practice
- Medicare Stars Adherence
- Pharmacy Practice Management
- Residency Research project
Requirements for Acceptance
- Graduate of an Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE)-accredited (or ACPE candidate status) school of pharmacy.
- Must be licensed as an Intern Pharmacist in the state of California by July 1.
- Must be licensed as a Pharmacist in the state of California by October 1. PGY1 Residents who have not obtained a California Pharmacist license by October 1st are subject to suspension until license is obtained. If license is not obtained by December 15th, employment will be subject to termination.
- State Board of Pharmacy Web Link: http://www.pharmacy.ca.gov
- Candidates must be registered in the National Matching Services, Inc. (NMS).
- Candidates must participate in the ASHP Matching Program.
- Program NMS Code: 170413 and ASHP Program Code: 92016
- Statement of Interest/Letter of Intent
- Curriculum Vitae
- Official Pharmacy School transcripts, sent directly from the applicant’s college or school of pharmacy
- Three letters of references/recommendations utilizing the form in PhORCAS
- Application Deadline: January 2, 2023
- On-Site Interview (unless otherwise indicated for health & safety reasons)
- Participation in a panel interview.
- Virtual Information Session: TBD
Apply Through ASHP
Apply using the ASHP standard application process on the ASHP PhORCAS website.Apply now
Current Pay Rate
$23.38 per hour
Maria Christenson, PharmD, MPH
Drug Education Coordinator
Residency Program Director
Kaiser Permanente Fresno Medical Center
7112 N Fresno Street, Ste. 460
Fresno, California 93720