PGY1 Pharmacy Panorama City, California
Kaiser Permanente Panorama City is committed to helping shape the future of health care. Our mission is to provide high-quality, affordable health care services and to improve the health of our members and the communities we serve. The PGY1 Residency Program at Kaiser Permanente, Panorama City follows guidelines set by the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists and provides thorough training in a variety of specialties.
The purpose of the Kaiser Permanente, Panorama City PGY1 Residency program is to build on Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm.D) education and outcomes to contribute to the development of clinical pharmacists responsible for medication related care of patients with a wide range of conditions, eligible for board certification, and eligible for postgraduate year two (PGY2) pharmacy residency training.
Kaiser Permanente Panorama City Hospital is supported by our Inpatient Pharmacy, which provides prescription and medication stocking service. Our ED, ICU, and NICU Pharmacists review medication therapy and coordinate directly with Physicians to optimize care. Our Antibiotic Stewardship Pharmacist reviews inpatient labs and related prescriptions for appropriateness and recommends alternate therapies when appropriate. Our Clinical Pharmacist manages protocols such as warfarin, heparin, vancomycin and TPN monitoring. All our pharmacists attend Code Blue situations and assist with Code Strokes.
Our Home Infusion Pharmacy provides face to face patient discharge education and training in both the hospital and clinic settings. Our Pharmacists collaborate closely with Infectious Disease, Palliative, and Hospice Teams during weekly rounds. Our Pharmacists provide clinical services such as at home hydration therapy, antibiotic monitoring, PCA monitoring, and TPN monitoring. In addition, our Pharmacists assist with preparation and monitoring of specialty drugs infused in the Infusion Clinic. Because of our interdisciplinary approach, many opportunities are available for drug education to our Nursing and other medical staff.
Our Ambulatory Care Pharmacists practice as part of a multidisciplinary team here in Panorama City, providing direct patient care in medication and disease management in a wide variety of specialties, under a collaborative practice agreement. These include but are not limited to: Asthma Care, Cholesterol Management, Diabetes Care, Drug Use Management, Geriatrics, HIV, Nephrology, New Member Program, Oncology, Pain Management, and the Transitional Care Center. In addition, our Medication Therapy Management team works with our Medicare population to optimize therapy.
Our Outpatient Pharmacy service dispenses prescriptions directly in our facility Pharmacies as well as at our Central Refill Pharmacy and Central Prescription Home Delivery Pharmacy. Our Electronic Pharmacy Information Management System provides the Pharmacist with access to any prescription in a Southern California Kaiser Permanente Pharmacy, as well as valuable clinical services including monitoring for drug interactions, adherence, and other potential medication problems.
- Acute Care (includes Home Infusion experience)
- Drug Education Program
- Intensive Care/Emergency Management (ED, ICU, NICU)
- Outpatient Pharmacy
- Practice Management
- Ambulatory Care
- Heart Failure
- Infectious Disease (HIV)
- New Member Pharmacy Services
- Oncology Oral Chemotherapy Management
- Outpatient Anticoagulation Services
- Transitional Care Center (Transitions of Care)
- Drug Information Service
- Home Infusion Pharmacy
- Inpatient Pharmacy
- Emergency Room Department
- Intensive Care Unit
- Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
- APPE Teaching Experience
- “Diamond Discussions”
- Free Clinic of Simi Valley
- Journal Club
- Western States Conference Research Project
Requirements for Acceptance
- Graduate of an Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE)-accredited (or ACPE candidate status) school of pharmacy.
- Must be licensed as an Intern Pharmacist in the state of California by the first day of residency program.
- Residents who have not obtained a California Pharmacist license by October 1st are subject to suspension until license is obtained. If license is not obtained by December 15th, employment will be subject to termination.
- State Board of Pharmacy Web Link: http://www.pharmacy.ca.gov/
- Candidates must be registered in the National Matching Services, Inc. (NMS).
- Candidates must participate in the ASHP Matching Program.
- Program NMS Code: TBD and ASHP Program Code: 92028
- Statement of Interest/Letter of Intent
- Curriculum Vitae
- Official Pharmacy School transcripts, sent directly from the applicant’s college or school of pharmacy
- Three letters of references/recommendations utilizing the form in PhORCAS
- Application Deadline: January 12, 2024
- On-Site or Virtual Interview Required
- On-Site or Virtual Interview Dates: February – March 2024
- Open House: December 8, 2023 from 3-6PM In-Person with virtual option (for more information please visit Residency Open House
- Click here to link to the Virtual Information Session:
- November 7th – 1p.m. – 2p.m. PST
**This residency agrees that no person at this residency will solicit, accept, or use any ranking-related information from any residency applicant**Back to all programs
Apply Through ASHP
Apply using the ASHP standard application process on the ASHP PhORCAS website.Apply now
Current Pay Rate
$23.38 per hour
Julie Huang, PharmD
Inpatient Pharmacy Supervisor
Residency Program Director
Kaiser Permanente Panorama City
13652 Cantara St. 12R11
Panorama City, California 91402