PGY1 Pharmacy San Bernardino (Fontana, Ontario), California
As the first Southern California hospital within the Kaiser Foundation Hospital system, the Kaiser Permanente Fontana Medical Center is a historic facility. This heritage extends to its PGY1 program. With over 30 years of ASHP Accreditation and dedication to pharmacist training, the residency program has produced many leaders within Kaiser Permanente. Past graduates of the program have gone on to become directors of inpatient pharmacy, pharmacy managers, supervisors, and other administrative positions. Still, many more have gone onto successful careers within the profession of pharmacy as preceptors and clinical practitioners.
Aligning with the growth within the San Bernardino County, we have renamed our residency program to the Kaiser Permanente San Bernardino County Area- Fontana/Ontario Medical Centers. We provide care to over 610,000 members in the area and wanted our residency program name to reflect the patients and community we serve
In 2015, the US News and World Report ranked the Kaiser Permanente Fontana Medical Center as the #1 hospital in the Inland Empire (Riverside and San Bernardino counties). These awards reflect that the Kaiser Permanente Fontana and Ontario employees are among the best in the nation at ensuring patient safety and a commitment to reducing accidents and medication errors. The Fontana and Ontario Medical Centers offer a safe and supportive work environment located in a welcoming, beautiful, and growing community.
At Kaiser Permanente San Bernardino County Area- Fontana/Ontario Medical Centers serve over 610,000 members in the San Bernardino County area. We have pharmacy services at our two medical centers in Fontana and Ontario, in addition to 17 outpatient pharmacies, 3 licensed oncology/infusion center pharmacies, home infusion pharmacy and a pharmacy call center. We also have clinical pharmacist practicing in different ambulatory care setting, such as Outpatient Anticoagulation services, Medication Therapy Management (MTM), Heart Failure, Endocrinology, Pain, Dermatology, Hemophilia, and many more.
The purpose of the Kaiser Permanente San Bernardino County Area- Fontana/Ontario Medical Centers PGY1 pharmacy residency program is to prepare pharmacist clinicians for inpatient, ambulatory care and outpatient positions; in addition to becoming leaders in pharmacy and the community.
- Anticoagulation Services
- Drug Education/Drug Use Management
- Drug Information
- Home Infusion Pharmacy Services
- Infectious Diseases
- Inpatient Pharmacy Services
- Internal Medicine
- Medication Therapy Management
- Oncology Pharmacy Services
- Outpatient Pharmacy Services
- Ambulatory Care- Heart Failure
- Ambulatory Care- HIV
- Ambulatory Care- Nephrology
- Ambulatory Care- Pain
- Ambulatory Care- Psoriasis Management
- Emergency Medicine
- Medication Safety
- Neonatal/Pediatric Intensive Care Unit
*Rotations can be extended or created upon your interest
- Pharmacy Practice – Inpatient Pharmacy
- Pharmacy Practice – Outpatient Pharmacy
- Practice Management
- Western States Research Project
Requirements for Acceptance
- Graduate of an Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE)-accredited (or ACPE candidate status) school of pharmacy.
- Must be licensed as an Intern Pharmacist in the state of California by first day of residency.
- Must be licensed as a Pharmacist in the state of California by October 1st, 2022
- Candidates must be registered in the National Matching Services, Inc. (NMS).
- Candidates must participate in the ASHP Matching Program
- Statement of Interest/Letter of Intent
- Curriculum Vitae
- Official Pharmacy School transcripts, sent directly from the applicant’s college or school of pharmacy
- Three letters of references/recommendations utilizing the form in PhORCAS
- Application Deadline: TBD
- Please note: for letter of recommendations, we highly encourage references to add specific details about applicant in the Open Box comments (traditional letter format accepted, not required)
- On-Site Interview Required: Yes
- On-Site Interview Dates (if applicable): TBD for Phase 2 Matches
- Virtual Information Sessions & Office Hours: TBD
Apply Through ASHP
Apply using the ASHP standard application process on the ASHP PhORCAS website.Apply now
Current Pay Rate
$23.38 per hour