PGY2 Oncology Fontana-Riverside, California
As our PGY2 Specialty Resident in Oncology, you will get the opportunity to expand your knowledge in a variety of disease states that impacts both the adult and pediatric population. You will also gain experience in Oncology research and formulary management and enhance your skills and passion for the field of Oncology. Our scope of services includes but is not limited to the following: acute and chronic leukemia, anemia management, anti-emetic therapy, anti-infective therapy in the immunocompromised, breast cancer, colorectal cancer, lung cancer, lymphomas, melanoma, myelosuppressive therapy, nutritional support, ovarian cancer, pain management, prostate cancer, and much more.
The Inland Empire-San Bernardino County/Riverside PGY2 Specialty in Oncology program offers a variety of learning opportunities. The resident will be working with pharmacists, technicians, physicians, nurses, and other healthcare workers through oncology pharmacy services. In addition, there will be unique experiences in Oncology Research and Formulary Management.
Here at Kaiser Permanente Inland Empire, we strive for our resident to succeed in becoming the best… best oncology pharmacist, best for the oncology community, and most importantly, best for the patients.
The Inland Empire (San Bernardino-Fontana/Ontario and Riverside) PGY2 Specialty Residency in Oncology Pharmacy program is the first ASHP accredited PGY2 Oncology program within the Kaiser Permanente organization. We serve over 1 million members within the San Bernardino and Riverside counties, which is the largest membership area within Kaiser Permanente in the Nation. Oncology pharmacy services are provided at five licensed oncology outpatient pharmacies within the Medical Oncology/Hematology departments.
The unique feature is to practice in a multi-site experience, within a large integrated healthcare organization, serving both adult and pediatric patients which is located at three medical centers with research opportunities.
Our scope of services includes but is not limited to the following:
- Acute and Chronic Leukemia
- Anemia management
- Antiemetic therapy
- Anti-infective therapy in immunocompromised patients
- Breast cancer
- Colorectal cancer
- Lung cancer
- Myelosuppresive therapy
- Nutritional support
- Ovarian cancer
- Pain management
- Prostate cancer
- Renal, liver, and pancreatic cancer
- Practice Management
- Western States Research Project
Requirements for Acceptance
- Graduate of an Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE)-accredited (or ACPE candidate status) school of pharmacy.
- Completion of an Accredited PGY1 Pharmacy Residency Program.
- If not already licensed as a Pharmacist in the state of CA, must be licensed as an Intern Pharmacist in the state of CA by July 1st
- Must be licensed as a Pharmacist in the state of California by August 1st
- Candidates must be registered in the National Matching Services, Inc. (NMS)
- Candidates must participate in the ASHP Matching Program
- Program NMS Code: 617460 and ASHP Program Code: 92007
For letter of recommendations: highly encourage references to add specific details about applicant to Open Box comments (can be in format of traditional letter)
- Statement of Interest/Letter of Intent
- Curriculum Vitae
- Official Pharmacy School transcripts, sent directly from the applicant’s college or school of pharmacy
- Three letters of references/recommendations utilizing the form in PhORCAS is required for all reference writers.
- For letter of recommendations: highly encourage references to add specific details about applicant to Open Box comments (can be in format of traditional letter)
- Application Deadline: January 6, 2023
- On-Site Interview Required: Yes
- On-Site Interview Dates (if applicable): Jan-Feb 2023
- Additional Information (i.e. Open House, etc..): Open House- virtual
- Click here to link to the Virtual Information Session:
- December 15th – 3p.m. – 4p.m. PST
- Open House – Virtual – TBD
Apply Through ASHP
Apply using the ASHP standard application process on the ASHP PhORCAS website.Apply now
Current Pay Rate
$33.65 per hour
Kureisha Mohamed, Pharm.D., BCOP
Ambulatory Care Oncology Supervisor
Residency Program Director
17284 Slover Ave #204
Fontana, California 92337